Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Yummy!

In article <9fgbgq$7p...@bioinfo.med.utoronto.ca>, lamo...@bioinfo.med.utoronto.ca (Laurence A. Moran) wrote:
> In article myers-435E74.12273004062...@news.newsguy.com
> pz wrote:
> > [snip]
> > I had my lab inspected by our local safety committee a few weeks
> >ago, and it's kind of amazing what trivia has to be followed. I
> >passed, but I do have to keep my bottles of alcohol stored in a
> >special cabinet in the lab next door from now on. These guys must
> >never have walked into the local liquor store, or they'd have had
> >a fit of apoplexy (and boy, it's a good thing I finished that
> >bottle of Coke I'd had in the refrigerator next to the
> >paraformaldehyde and the pickled cat heads and the fluorescent
> >dyes before they showed up!).
>
> I'm surprised you passed with pickled cat heads in your lab. At
> my university we aren't allowed to keep food in a lab refrigerator.

That's the nice thing about pickled cat heads. Most people simply refuse to believe that they could be food.

-- pz

I love usenet!

No comments: